Monday, February 16, 2015

outside building shell started

Still trying to figure out the best way to do this assembly.  I think what I'm going to do is model the outside to capture the boundries of the arcade, then create a separate model that is just the internal flooring (various levels, the ramps, the railings).  This way I can hide the outer walls and roof so I can easily add things inside, sort of like how architects build model houses where you can disassemble each level to reveal the floorplan of each floor.  Anyway, there's still lots of work to be done, but it's slowly starting to look like galaxy world.
I may need to pay a visit to the actual building in carol stream to get an accurate height measurement before the building gets leveled.  So far I've been using the top down google map, and tracing it in autocad to get reference dimensions:

No comments:

Post a Comment