Friday, January 12, 2018

status

So I recently found new free software that makes photogrammetry quick and easy (zephyr), but results are still very rough (even experts using tripods).  I mean photogrammetry looks pretty decent when it's texture mapped, but when you turn that off and just look at the raw wireform it looks rough and blobby.

At this point my best bet is to just bite the bullet and continue modeling from scratch based on the top view google map, and all the 3d views from google earth (to get the shapes and heights correct).  I've also messed around with lighting inside solidworks, as well as walkthrough mode so theoretically I could do some renderings once I have everything modeled.  Also in the last 6 months, there has been a solidworks to VR plugin.  So rather than trying to learn unity or unreal engine I should be able to translate directly to VR:



One thing I need to start thinking about are what games to put in it (and this will be partially from memory, and making decisions about what to include over the span of 20-30 years since I can't possibly include everything).

In the sunlit area (where the blocked off laser tag ended up towards the end), I know I want to include:
* air powered fuzzy guy target game (no idea the official name of this, haven't been able to find photos yet)
* Skeeball
* water skiing coin pushers (can't find this either).  I remember it had the slot where you could point where the quarter landed.
* rad mobile
* virtua racing
* arm wrestling
* Tekken

In the pinball area I know I need to include bk2k and T2.  I remember playing banzai run there, however this was always kept in the upper level

The fighting game list needs to include:
Street fighter Turbo (on giant screen)
Street fighter the movie
Mortal Kombat
Time Killers
Killer instinct

Other mentions:
Crossbow
APB
Super hang on (riding version)
Revolution X
Horse video gambling game
Capcom bowling

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty awesome project! I'm excited to see where you take it. I basically grew up there in the 90's. My mom was an employee there for a long time when I was a kid, so I got to know the place (and the games!) pretty well.

    I'm sure I remember it differently than most people, though I may be able to help brainstorm some ideas on games. There were a few games they had basically forever, some of them still got played fairly often.

    Off the top of my head, in no particular order:
    - Time Crisis
    - House of the Dead
    - Daytona USA (deluxe cabinet)
    - Cruisin' USA
    - Outrun
    - NEO・GEO
    - X-Men
    - Guantlet

    Pinball
    - Attack from Mars
    - Creature From the Black Lagoon
    - Addams Family
    - Twilight Zone
    - White Water
    - The Getaway: High Speed II


    Pretty sure the fuzzy guy target game was Down the Clown https://www.zax.com.au/assets/alt_3/DownTheClownGame.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the 80's kid at this place. I remember coming in the main door on the NE corner of the building. The token machines were there and skeeball on the right with the ticket turn in counter up the ramp just past skeeball. Back down near the token machines was Jungle King right in front of a load bearing pillar(or next to it) I remember the sit down version(wireframe graphics)Star Wars there to the left and Return of the Jedi was pretty new not far from it.....down past those was the moving outrun and afterburner, then Dragon's Lair and Space Ace were pretty close there......I could go on and on with games!!! Hit me up nlevey75@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete